Cooling towers are designed according to meteorological conditions which belong to the hottest summer days.
Essential main information for designing cooling tower is stated below:
- Amount of cooling water (m³/h) or capacity (kcal/h, kw)
- Temperature of hot water(°C)
- Temperature of cold water (°C)
- Wet bulb temperature value(°C)
- Facility, using cooling water
- Quality of circulation water (pollution amount)
- Dry temperature degree of region(°C)
- Height above the sea level (m)
Important points in cooling tower requests;
- Tower demand should not be done by just stating the capacity.
- Water flow, which will circulate in tower, hot and cold water temperatures should be noted.
- The most important point is the approach value of cooled water temperature to wet bulb temperature. By changing the approach of water flow, hot water/cold water temperature difference and cooled water temperature to wet bulb temperature; it is possible to get many different capacities from the same tower.